Research & Downloads
- Reports & Documents
- Free Resources
Some documents are available free for GovWin members. You must be logged in to get free access. Login Now
Government Research Reports
Department of Defense IT and Acquisition Landscape (May 2011)
INPUT's Department of Defense IT and Acquisition Landscape report examines the trends shaping the DoD acquisition environment, and key agency IT priorities over the next five years.
The Department of Defense (DoD) faces unprecedented challenges as it prepares for FY2012 and beyond. The convergence of a tightening budget environment, IT acquisition reform, shifting warfighting requirements, and the move towards IT integration and standardization will drive significant change in the coming years. That these issues are occurring simultaneously could both facilitate and hinder DoD’s progress towards its goal of IT transformation.
INPUT's Department of Defense IT and Acquisition Landscape includes analysis of the following trends and drivers that are impacting the DoD market:
- DoD’s budget environment
- Acquisition reform policy and legislation
- Agency goals and planned investments in key technology areas
- Market implications of the DoD’s goals and challenges
- Strategic recommendations for positioning within the DoD’s evolving contracting landscape
The report examines the desired end-state of DoD agencies’ IT environments and identifies strategic and tactical solutions being implemented to reach those goals, such as cloud computing, simulation and modeling, ISR, and information security. Service-level profiles describing current and future IT landscapes and technology areas of focus are provided for the following DoD services and agencies:
- Air Force
- Navy/Marine Corps.
- Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Defense Health Programs (DHP)
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- Defense Advanced Research and Development Agency (DARPA)
Key Findings INPUT draws upon its extensive expertise on the government IT industry to analyze the current status and future trends for the DoD environment. Key themes emerging from INPUT research include:
- Budget and IT cycle alignment likely to increase agility and innovation
- More focus on embedded security is expected
- Defense business systems will get special attention
- Acquisition reform requires a major paradigm shift focusing on affordability
INPUT's Department of Defense IT and Acquisition Landscape report is delivered in PowerPoint® format and includes an accompanying PowerPoint® Executive Briefing, Leadership Profiles, and an Excel® workbook with charts and data.
- Full Report: 138 slides
- Executive Briefing: 54 slides
Win More Government Business with GovWinWith the support of GovWin's vast and experienced team of analysts, our Government Business Intelligence & Tools provide you qualified pre-RFP opportunities, analysis on agency budgets and priorities, insight into your competitor's business, potential partners, and key government & teaming contacts. Learn More & Sign Up for a Free Trial.
For questions, please contact us:
- Tel: (800) 456-2009
- Email: email@example.com.